Are you a good listener, patient and interested in people, have you got a skill or gift that you would like to share with others. Can you make a regular commitment to befriend an individual or group of people who might be isolated and feel lonely.
As a volunteer befriender you can expect:
- Comprehensive Induction training covering a range of topics including the role of a befriender, safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety
- Ongoing training including end of life care, dementia awareness and practical skills
- Payment of out of pocket expenses
- Be fully insured for your volunteering
- Meet others and make new friends
- Have fun