I would benefit from a befriender as I often feel lonely and would love to have a conversation with someone.
I would benefit from a befriender as I am very socially isolated as I cannot get out on my own anymore as I am very frail.
If I had someone to support me then it would give me the confidence to take part in group activities.
Befriending aims to enable people to:
- become less socially isolated
- develop their confidence
- enhance their skills for forming and maintaining relationships with others
- develop greater resilience
- increase their wellbeing
- feel supported by someone who is consistent and reliable
- experience some purely social interaction on a regular basis (ie not simply as a by-product of receiving another service)